This planter box is a clever project to make. Express your creativity with color and the type of plant you choose.
- 500mm x 300mm x 3mm Poplar Ply Sheet from Darkly Labs
- 1Lt Soft Drink Bottle
- 100 x 2.5mm Cable Ties (I used about 40 clear ones, but coloured ones would look great)
- 4-5cm circle of Fine Mesh (I used fly screen mesh)
Other Items Needed:
- Long Nose Pliers
- Flush Wire Cutters
- File (Nail files work well)
- Glue (super glue, hot glue or PVA glue all work fine)
- Suitable Potting Mix
- Plants (I used a type of succulent called donkeys tail)
- Paints (We used watercolour paint)
1: Load the Project file into LightBurn and cut the pieces out of your plywood sheet.
2: Once cut, punch out each part carefully. Then, using your file and scalpel, clean up any rough or sharp edges.
3: Assemble all of the parts using zip ties, leaving them slightly loose. Once they are all in then tighten the zip ties and trim the ends off with the flush wire cutters.
4: Paint your Dino Planter however you like.
5: Using your flush cutters cut plastic ring off the bottle behind the cap, and then cut the bottle so it is flush with the planter when inserted.
6: Add your small piece of mesh to the bottom of the bottle.
7: Add your potting mix and then your plant. Water it carefully but if you over water, unscrew the cap on the bottle to let excess water out.